Desktop Linux

Dell's Linux

I was recently informed that Michael Dell actually used VMWare Workstation, and he uses it to run Ubuntu. VMWare Workstation is pretty much used to run OS systems, really useful if you don’t have a burner handy.

After roaming around digg.com, I came across this article and find that Dell, Inc. is considering from a list of choices on what to install in their Dell computers and then releasing them to the public. I wouldn't mind whichever Linux OS they use, but I am curious about Novell/SUSE, openSUSE, and RedHat. Fedora I have learned a fair bit from other people, and Ubuntu I have used a few times.

I have not used a Dell before but I have no doubts that future buyers will find it interesting. These days there are more people converting to Linux and I really don’t see the numbers dwindling anytime soon – especially with the prices rising for Windows Vista. Compared between an overpriced OS and freeware, there’s no doubt that people will be more willing to accept it. I am amazed by how popular Linux has become, and I hope that Dell will be successful in this new venture.

Comments (0)