Ubuntu 7.04

Ubuntu 7.04

I admit that I have yet to try Ubuntu in my laptop, and I have never once thought about trying to put it in my Desktop – I hardly use it anyway, so why bother? However, I have been tempted all year staring early January to try and switch to Linux. The main reason for wanting to try Linux is because my brother and his friends often discuss Linux.

Linux is an OpenSource, from what I have gathered since discovering about this OS, and it is generally free aside from those that actually charge you to use their system. The free ones that I do know about is Ubuntu, but the person who wrote the article prefers Kubuntu – I’m not sure what the general difference is between the two, because I do not know anything about KDE. I have tried to install Ubuntu only once and that was a few weeks ago to my laptop. Unfortunately it did not bode well, because my laptop’s disk drive is not operating up to par. Since then I have not tried Ubuntu, but I should at some point because of my curiosity.

Now then, the article discusses the new version of Ubuntu and the writer merely discusses the new changes that it brings – mainly the appearance of the OS and being able to migrate from your old OS to the theirs along with a newly designed help center for new Ubuntu users (something I should check out if and when I finally install it, hopefully by then I have gotten my laptop’s CD/DVD drive fixed).

For those that do enjoy Linux, you may want to check it out. But overall there’s no need to. Linux is all well and good, but there’s no hurry to get the system because Linux constantly improves their system every so often. A new one should be coming around sometime soon.

Comments (0)